Not content with verifying that travelers were safely being accomodated by our airline partners, Monica Teplis took action to see for herself how well the airlines were doing. Taking along a few management team members plus some client representatives, our Chairman set up a tour with Delta Air Lines to see firsthand the safety protocols being used to allow corporate travelers to safely go about their business.
We started with Delta because a number of travelers had told us that the airline was doing the best job of making adjustments after the pandemic. Plus, to be honest, most media estimations have given Delta the highest marks for their program. We were not disappointed.
From check-in, past security, at the gate and on to the plane, Delta had considered every vital aspect, and made accomodations at each step. Called the Delta CareStandard, the set of stringent guidelines ensures that:
- Travelers are well and wearing a mask.
- Surfaces are cleaned throughout the day at check-in kiosks, ticketing, at the gate and on board the plane.
- Hand sanitzers are plentiful and available throughout your journey.
- Social distancing is observed by the public.
- All employees are well and wear masks.
- Plexiglass shields have been added at all counters.
- Electrostatic spraying is done at all gate areas and jet bridges.
- Touchless boarding is available through the FlyDelta app.
- Passengers are boarded 10 at a time, beginning in the back of the plane.
- Electrostatic spray disinfectant is applied inside the cabin before each flight.
- Lavatories, arm rests, blankets and overhead bins are cleaned before each flight, and lavatories are cleaned several times DURING the flight.
- HEPA filters (which eliminate 99.99% of viruses) clean cabin air continuously.
The results? An industry best program for traveler safety, which other carriers can only emulate. To look over Delta’s Delta CareStandard in detail, click here.
To view a slideshow from our tour on Facebook, click here.